Top 10 Basic Tagalog Phrases to Know
Make an effort to learn at least a few basic
phrases in Tagalog!
This is how Filipinos would say hello. It's the equivalent of "Good morning!" though you can use it in the early afternoon too.
2. Mahal kita. = I love you.
This is the most common way of saying 'I Love You.' This phrase can be used with anyone, from your wife to your grandfather.
3. Sarap nito. = This is delicious. / This feels good.
The Tagalog word for 'delicious' is also used for something that feels good.
4. Maligayang Bati. = Happy Wishes.
This is how Filipinos would say Happy Birthday.
5. Ayaw ko. = I don't want. / I don't like. / I don't want to.
This Tagalog phrases is often shortened to one word: Ayoko.
6. Gusto ko 'to. = I like this. / I want this.
The Tagalog word gusto can mean 'want' or ' like.'
7. Sandali lang. = Just a moment. (Wait. Hold on a sec.)
8. Ingat ka. = Take care.
9. Aalis na ako.
I'm leaving now. (A phrase Filipinos use when they'd like to say goodbye.)
10. Pasensya ka na. = Sorry, bear with me.
Use this phrase when you've done something that inconveniences a Filipino.
Source : Learn The Basic Filipino Language ( tagalog ) - Facebook